Recently, among people who dream of losing weight, looking at their figure or simply adhering to a healthy lifestyle, special cocktails called smoothies have become very popular. They are something between a drink and a full meal. Smoothies are prepared by mixing different products in the blender, often vegetables, berries and fruits. The fashion for such cocktails came to us from the West, where their use has almost become a cult. In America and Europe, you can easily find items that offer smoothies and often they serve nothing but them.
In our article, we will look at the benefits of smoothies for weight loss, how to use them and prepare them for effective weight loss.
Ingredients of the mouth
A smoothie can hardly be called a drink - it is more of a dessert, appetizer, snack or even a complete meal. What kind of food a cocktail will be used for depends largely on what it is made from. For this, completely different ingredients can be obtained. In addition to traditional vegetables, berries and fruits for smoothies, spices, herbs, leaves, nuts, ice, yogurt, milk, kefir, whole wheat, ice cream and seeds often complement its composition. Of course, the properties of the dish will also differ from the presence of certain ingredients in the cocktail. For weight loss, smoothies should be prepared from low-calorie foods and foods that promote fat burning. First of all, it is recommended to pay attention to the following:
- Vegetables - cucumbers, tomatoes, celery, cabbage, carrots, broccoli, bell peppers, onions.
- Greens - basil, cilantro, parsley, dill, mint, spinach, sorrel.
- Berries - berries, blueberries, cranberries, berries, strawberries, strawberries, watermelon, raspberries, currants.
- Fruits - apples, cherries, cherry plums, apricots, peaches, plums, cherries, limes, pears, kiwi, pineapple, grapefruit and other citrus fruits.
- Dairy products - fat-free or low-fat kefir, cottage cheese and milk, natural yogurt, no sugar.
- Natural juices, green tea.
- Seeds and nuts - flax seeds, wheat germ, sesame, pumpkin seeds, nuts, pine nuts and brazil nuts in very small quantities.
- Oatmeal, bran.
- Hot spices and seasonings, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger.
How to make smoothie for weight loss
Like other similar cocktails, slimming smoothies are prepared in a blender. The necessary components are thoroughly washed, if necessary, the skin and stone nuclei are removed from them. They are then placed in a blender bowl and pressed until smooth. Further, if desired, smoothies can be added to additional ingredients, for example, spices, flax seeds, nuts, etc. Of course, cocktails with strong ingredients should no longer be drunk, but eaten.
To prepare a successful smoothie, take ingredients of different densities, i. e. one product needs to be stronger, the other more juicy, for example, you can get a grapefruit and an apple. More interesting flavors are obtained by mixing sweet and sour foods. If you find that the cocktail turns out too thick, add the most suitable liquid ingredient to it - juice, green tea, milk, cream or ice cubes.
When preparing cocktails for weight loss, try to choose the products that you like the most, then from their use in addition to the benefits you will also get pleasure. But simply choose the ingredients wisely, reject high-calorie additives such as chocolate, ice cream, etc. , as well as sugar and other sweeteners. Ideally, you should get a smoothie that is nutritious enough to give the body the necessary boost of energy, but at the same time should have a minimum calorie content, ideally around 200 calories.
How to lose weight with smoothie
Hoping to drink a glass of smoothie a day, you will lose weight well, is not worth it. Significant weight loss will only occur with an integrated approach. In no case should cocktails act as additional food, they should replace at least one of the usual meals. Along with this, you also need to keep track of what you eat in addition to smoothies. For the period of weight loss, alcohol, sweet, fatty and caloric foods should be eliminated from the diet. These measures are recommended to be supplemented with an increase in physical activity.
Fasting days in smoothies, during which you will consume only these products, can give good results. Such days can be spent once or twice a week. Particularly persistent eat only smoothie for several days in a row. In principle, this is permissible and may even be beneficial to health, as such a menu will also help cleanse the body of all harmful things.
The main thing to remember is that you can only eat smoothie for no more than a week. At the same time, it is better to eat in small portions (about a glass) about six times a day or every two hours. This approach to nutrition allows you to reduce stomach volume, improve metabolism, and prevent severe hunger attacks, which often lead to breakdown. Of course, the smoothie diet realized in this way will give faster and greater results.
Smoothies - recipes for weight loss
There are two ways to prepare an oatmeal cocktail. According to the first, before mixing the ingredients, it is recommended that the oats be steamed with a small amount of boiling water or hot milk. In a second way, the oats are placed in a blender bowl along with the other ingredients and beaten raw. It is difficult to say which of these methods is best. It's worth it to try making smoothies this way and that way and then deciding what you like best.
Some of the most common oatmeal smoothie recipes include the following:
- Put a few tablespoons of steamed or dried oats, half a banana, one hundred grams of low-fat natural yogurt in a blender and then beat all the ingredients. If the mixture is too thick, it can be diluted slightly with milk or kefir. In addition, if desired, any fruit, berries or a combination thereof can be added to this cocktail.
- Blend four strawberries, a quarter of a banana, a tablespoon of oats and half a glass of kefir. The finished smoothie can be sprinkled with chopped nuts.
Such a cocktail can be prepared from both vegetables and fruits, often they are mixed together. Consider some interesting recipes for green smoothies:
- Diet smoothie with asparagus and celery. Asparagus, being an excellent natural source of carbohydrates and protein, satiates well, and celery renews cells and promotes weight loss, avocados and Chinese cabbage nourish the body with vitamins and enrich the taste. All this makes this smoothie an ideal product for weight loss. To prepare, combine one hundred grams of Chinese cabbage, water and celery, add half an avocado and four asparagus stalks and then chop all the ingredients.
- Smoothie with spinach-banana. In a blender bowl place half a large banana, a third a bunch of lettuce, three large spinach leaves, a glass of water and a few mint leaves. Grind the ingredients until smooth and pour into a suitable container. This cocktail is well complemented with flax or chia seeds, goji berries or spirulina powder. Therefore, if you have any of the products listed, you can add them to your smoothie.
- Lemon smoothie. Put about three hundred grams of spinach (other greens can be used instead), half a lemon, a pear, a banana and a hundred milliliters of water in a blender bowl, then grind them until smooth. By the way, water can be replaced with milk, try this option, you may like it better.
- Apple smoothie. Cut the apples into slices and remove the core from them. Put the pieces in a blender, add a handful of spinach (either fresh or frozen will work), then mix.
- Green mix. Peel a cucumber and grate it. Cut into pieces, place in a blender bowl and then add the chopped green onion stalk, a teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice, a third of a teaspoon of fresh and minced ginger. Grind the ingredients when they return to a homogeneous mass, add a little mineral water and shake the cocktail.
Vegetable smoothies and mixed smoothies
- One hundred and fifty grams of cooked broccoli and slightly chilled, beat with a blender. Then add some greens, herbs and a glass of kefir to it and mix again.
- Combine one hundred grams of boiled broccoli and the same amount of fresh spinach, peeled oranges, medium sliced carrots and a quarter of an apple. Grind the ingredients in a blender, then add a glass of grapefruit juice to them and beat.
- Chop half an avocado, an apple and a cucumber and a little fresh and minced ginger.
- Mix five cherry tomatoes (they can be replaced with an ordinary tomato), a cucumber, half a celery stalk, a quarter of a small onion, a couple of dill sprigs, a clove of garlic, a small pinch of black pepper and chilled kefir.
Wheaten smoothie recipe for weight loss
- Put every two fruits and a spoonful of sprouted wheat in the blender bowl. Beat the ingredients well, then add a glass of milk, a tablespoon of cottage cheese and beat everything again.
- Put a glass of kefir in the blender bowl, add a handful of berries, choose the ones you like best, a tablespoon of whole wheat, four tablespoons of yogurt and half a tablespoon of honey.
Cut into small pieces half a kiwi, a medium apple, half a grapefruit and a quarter of a banana. Add to them 2 grams of dried root or a small piece of fresh ginger root, a cup of cold green tea and a spoonful of honey. Grind all the ingredients until homogeneous with a blender and then pour the resulting mass into a suitable container.